Honda celebrates International Women’s Day in a special way!
New Delhi, March 08, 2019
- Raises hands to ensure #BalanceforBetter to empower women withfreedom of mobility
- 14,000+ women participate in Honda’s Road Safety Engagement campaign on the occasion
New Delhi, March 08, 2019: Making a positive difference in the lives of women,Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.today celebrated International Women’s Daywith its exclusive female-oriented Road Safety Engagement Campaignunder its #HelmetOnLifeOn motto.
Honda conducted this Pan-India celebration aligned with global theme of this year’s International Women’s Day i.e. #BalanceforBetter. Educating women how to ride in just 4 hours, Honda aims to bring more women riding two-wheelers to enjoy the freedom of mobility.
From Jaipur in north to Hyderabad in south, from Nasik in west and further Siliguri in east, the campaignoutspread to more than 21 cities across India.The women’s day special campaign was conducted under two-fold approach. The celebrations were held at Honda’s traffic training parks. Moreover, Honda’s ongoing National Road safety awareness campaign took forward the celebrations at educational institutions in 9 cities (Chennai, Noida, Jaipur, Siliguri, Nasik, Gandhinagar, Prayagraj, Gurugram and Dhanbad.)
To make it a memorable experience for participants, a Fun Zone was also setup.Women enjoyed various games based on road safety aspects and won Honda merchandize and helmets.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr. Prabhu Nagaraj, Vice President - Brand & Communication, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Being an independent mobile citizen on 2Wheels is a testimony of bold and empowered Indian woman. On the occasion of International Women’s Day, Honda organised a unique Pan India Road Safety Engagement Campaign for women across India. The broader objective of this campaign was to build more confident two wheeler riders on the road.I thank all the participants who came forward and joined us in celebrating the spirit of womanhood.”
The event witness participation from over 14,000 females who enthusiastically took part in various activities organised by Honda. Additionally, over 4,000 males extended their participation in the campaign supporting the message of women empowerment amongst younger generation.
- Safety riding theory sessions on correct riding posture, traffic signs and road rules were conducted.
- A special training activity a virtual riding simulator was executed for all to experience over 100 possible dangers on road before actual riding.
- Honda’s female instructors empowered the females on riding a two-wheeler through female safety riding sessions.
- Above all this, women participants tookhome exciting gifts participating in fun games.
Honda’s CSR initiatives towards Women Empowerment
- Honda has reached over 53,000 womenso far inculcating basic road safety habits in their lives through its 13 adopted traffic parks (2 in Delhi, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Yeola, Hyderabad, Indore, Ludhiana, Coimbatore,Karnal and Thane) in India.
- Honda is making women independent through its 11 Skill Enhancement Centresoffering recruitment opportunities at Honda dealerships& welfare programs likeUnnati (offering NSDC certified courses to rural women), NavShrishti (offering support to war widows) and Nirbhaya Squad (offering self-defence training to females) helping these women cope with life in a secure way.
For more information, contact : firstname.lastname@example.org